BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ham, Broccoli and Potato Soup

Hello! I am sure you might be wondering where I have been...to tell you the truth I have been quite busy with the holidays, starting school, and etc. But I am back! With some yummy recipes!!! :D Today I want to share a new recipe with you that my dear friend, Allison shared with me- Ham, Broccoli and Potato Soup! It's absolutely wonderful! And perfect on a cold day! :) So without further delay...here it is...ENJOY! :D








HAM, BROCCOLI and POTATO SOUP

1/4 cup butter
3 cups frozen hash browns
1 cup chopped onion
3 Tbsp flour
32 oz. chicken broth
2 cups milk
2 cups fozen broccoli, thawed
8 oz. pkg. cubed ham
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

(I forgot to take pictures of all the steps so all you get to see is the finished product)

1. Melt butter in stock pot over medium heat. Add hash browns, onion, and garlic. (I used a whole bag of hash browns, onion powder and garlic powder)- Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. (If you use a whole bag of hash browns like I did, use more butter or the hash browns tend to start sticking to the bottom of the pot)

2. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

3. Stir in broth and milk and cook for 5 minutes. (I didn't have 32 oz. of broth as the recipe calls for so I just put in a little extra milk)

4.Add broccoli, ham, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.

5. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted.

Such a simple recipe yet sooo delicious!




0 comments: