BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole

I found this recipe the other while looking through a magazine. I made it and I loved it! Such an easy casserole to make and so yummy, too! I know you will love it, too!
EASY CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE

1 (20 oz.) pkg. hash browns
1 & 1/2 cups (6oz) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (8oz) container sour cream
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook hash browns in a lightly greased large non-stick skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly for 12 minutes or until golden brown.








2. Stir together hash browns (drain the hash browns onto a paper towel to drain the excess grease. I didn't do this, and it was a little too oily than I would have liked), 1 cup shredded cheese (I used the Fiesta Blend cheese), and next 6 ingredients. (I didn't put the chives in because I didn't have any, I used garlic powder instead of a garlic clove, and didn't put the pepper in) Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.







3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. (I thought that 40-45 minutes might be a little long for this casserole so I set the timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes the edges were lightly browned and bubbly. So I want to caution you to check it before it at 30 minutes)




2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I have a recipe that uses hashbrowns too, but cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom and I don't brown the hashbrowns ahead of time. It's a perfect complement to ham.

paigebeth said...

Yum! I am quite sure your recipe is yummy, too! :)